Thursday, May 22, 2008

Our First Garden!



Here is our first garden! We are so excited to be growing tomatoes, peppers, carrots, cucumbers, zucchini, watermelon and peaches! I love making homemade salsa and zucchini bread. We will have tomatoes and zucchini coming out of our ears....Any takers on the extras????? I love fresh vegetables. Some of my fondest childhood memories were of my grandmother sending me out to the garden to pick things for a salad. She made the most unforgettable wilted lettuce salad with hot bacon dressing! We thought that since her grave in Missouri is too far to visit very often, we would plant a garden in her memory instead. I know she will be smiling down us from Heaven each time we tend our garden. I love you grandma and miss every moment you aren't here. I thank Heavenly Father daily to have been blessed my her life and her uncountable talents!