Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I've been........


Way too busy doing all of this, this week! My week has been filled with senior citizens doing track and field, racquetball, swimming, shooting, horseshoes, table tennis and so much more.
STRANGE YOU SAY?
I SAY IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!

My boys got to "volunteer" at the track meet at BYU last Saturday. What a great experience for them to get the grand tour from this amazing athlete and for their mom to live out her old glory days with them. I loved sharing the track with them. Just seeing the wonder in their eyes as they watched the old guys run the 50 M Yard Dash and the long jump and shot put was enough to excite me. Maybe one of them will want to grow up and be just like me? Then I thought, Isaac (likely) Ethan (very unlikely). That boy hates walking down the street.

It sometimes seems like a lifetime ago that I was out on the track doing my thing. I sometimes feel so old and like I can't stick with it anymore. All I can say is if you're 80 and still "sticking with it", then so can I.
I feel inspired! I'm off to go run some laps.

0 comments: