Sunday, October 11, 2009

Brittan & The Green Tomatoes


I love the way she use to turn her head when you would talk to her as if she completely understood what you were saying. I think maybe she did fully get it. Key words like ball, walk, ride, go would totally set her off.
We are missing her so much still.
I began cleaning out the garden last week and thought of last fall. My parents were here visiting from Missouri and we all laughed until we cried. As we pulled tomato plants, we discovered many green tomatoes under the plants. Brittan quickly discovered they could be used as balls and we spent days playing "tomato ball" until they were all gone.
I remember how she would catch a ball you throw straight up in the air.
I remember the sound of her collar clanking as she came in the back door.
I remember the safe and comforting feeling of just having her sweet spirit fill our home.
I miss that and always will....

0 comments: