Saturday, June 26, 2010

Did You Ever Wonder....

What the country folk do for fun in the summertime?
We wait for the irrigation water to flood the fields and ditches and then we go for a swim....
Over the past couple of years, this has become one of my favorite summertime traditions.


This is my friend Sherry. She's like a grandmother to the entire neighborhood. When it's her watering turn, she invites all the neighborhood children over to play. I call her "Henny Penny" because of the cute red boots she always wears.



Oh, the water is so cold but refreshing on a hot June day....


Sherry has beautiful fruit trees and a fantastic garden. Here she's telling our new nanny Ms. Jeri all about it!







...After all, I am STILL a MISSOURI GIRL at heart!

3 comments:

PALMERS said...

You bet'cha! Irrigation water is the best! At least once every summer we take our kids to their cousins' in Springfield who get irrigation water and the kids all have a blast in it.

Gean & Weldon Hill said...

Mindy, is'nt that Sherry Liston? I love that woman. A good corner of my heart will always be with Missouri. Thanks for sharing. Luv you all, Mom H.

Gean & Weldon Hill said...

Mindy, is'nt that Sherry Liston? I love that woman. A good corner of my heart will always be with Missouri. Thanks for sharing. Luv you all, Mom H.