Friday, January 28, 2011

So Proud....

Of our sweet boys for so many reasons. I had a bus driver tell me today just out of the blue how wonderful our boys are and how he wished that all the kids on his bus could be just like them. SWEET....Justin and I have both wished so many times in our adulthood that we had learned to play the piano (or any other musical instrument really). I took a guitar class in college once because the instructor was cute (and single), but that's the extent of my musical knowledge. So, it came as somewhat of a surprise that our boys had true interest in piano. I'm amazed that in the 5 months they have been taking lessons, they have never complained once. So, we got them their very own piano for Christmas. I makes me smile on the inside to listen to them plunk away at their little songs. I'm grateful for a having a best friend who can give them lessons and have great recitals like this one. I spent the evening fighting back tears at the sight and sound of these boys making music.





2 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

How great that your boys are taking piano lessons and ENJOYING them!!! Hopefully that trend continues :)

Jason and Amy said...

Hey guys...the one thing we got when Grandpa and Grandma Hill moved from MO was their organ book that I played when I was a kid. Your cousins LOVE to plunk on the piano and play out of that organ book. What a wonderful thing it is to learn to play...bet you're really good at it. Hope to hear you play for us someday!