Monday, December 29, 2008
The stash, they must have been really good!
Twas the night before Christmas....
Not a creature was stirring, not ene a restless cousin...
Monday, December 22, 2008
1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for sure, I love to have a different ribbon on each and every package (crazy, I know...but I love the way they look under the tree).
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial-we put up 6-7 trees per year!
3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving day...ALWAYS!
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day
5. Do you like eggnog? No way....my kids think that's crazy talk!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Pink Huffy Bike with tassels on the handles
7. Hardest person to buy for? My boss and BFF
8. Easiest person to buy for? My husband...anything electronic or to do with movies
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a cute one the Cleggs gave us last year while doing the 12 days of Christmas for us
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?MAIL...I was late this year but always get them out, it is my once yearly connection with some of my childhood friends
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't think of any...seriously
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Love Actually
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In the fall
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh for sure....I work in an assisted living for peat's sake
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sugar Cookies with LOTS of icing!
16. Lights on the tree? LOTS of Lights...only white
17. Favorite Christmas song? All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home for sure, I think it's important for our kids to have memories of Christmas morning at home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Ribbon Bow
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Kids get to open a bath set and pjs from mom and dad on Xmas Eve...this year a few things got discovered so they will get to open those oopses too!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Stress....
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have had lime green and purple on our tree for the last 10 years..weird, I know but people really love it when they see it.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Prime Rib (Jus hates it though)
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Modbe Jeans (got those)...Stainless Steel Trash Can (got that)
26. Who do you tag? Anyone who wants to play
The kids had a lot of fun making Christmas cookies with us this year. My mom got a little baking set for Abby and she has been carrying it around for days begging to make something. I even made homemade gingerbread for Mr. Hill (I don't care for it). Most of the cookies went into the frezzer and will re-appear when family gets here this week.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Isaac was getting ready for school the other morning and stressing about what to take for Christmas show and tell. He was particularly grumpy because the thing he wanted to take the most had been left by Ethan at preschool the day before. He encourage him to take this cute little nativity that his friend Jace got him last year. He said to me, "mom, I don't want to hurt your feelings but I am not sure if that is very Christmasy." I responded by saying, "well, I think you should just take it and then daddy and I will have a talk with you when we all get home tonight about the true meaning of Christmas." I am grateful to our son for the teaching opportunity to remember the birth of our Savior.
Posted by Mindy Hill at 12/12/2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Posted by Mindy Hill at 12/10/2008
Posted by Mindy Hill at 12/10/2008