Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Three Years...

Today marks a special anniversary for me. It's been three years since I was baptized. I feel like I have learned so much and grown a hundred years in my understanding in these three short years. However, it was very disappointing to me to discover that I would still fall down. Sometimes even "biff it" in life so to speak. I laugh now to think that I really thought I could live the rest of my life without making mistakes. I've come to realize that it's not the falling down that matters. It's the getting back up each time, and each time working to make perfect our flaws. What matters most is the path to perfection that you are on. I'm forever thankful for the atonement. I'm thankful that through that we can be made perfect. I'm thankful that Heavenly Father's love for us is perfect whether we are or not. He always wants to give that love to us. I'm grateful for all the people in my life willing to love and support me despite my imperfections.

3 comments:

Machelle said...

I remember this day. so special. for a VERY special gal. You are an inspiration to us all Mindy. Thanks for always being a great friend. Life isn't reaching for PERFECTION, it's all about making PROGRESS. love you!!!

PALMERS said...

Thank you for that beautiful post. You're the best!

Rebecca said...

I can't believe it has been three years. Thank you for sharing this. You are more than amazing.

P.S. I love the pic of Ethan in the header!