Monday, October 3, 2011

Soccer Mom

And soccer coach...As I taught the 4-6 year old pinks this year I was teaching myself. I learned all about dribbling, scoring goals, drills, and scrimmages. I learned that coaching the little girls is much more challenging than helping with the boys teams. I learned that you-tube can help you with many things, even if it's making you look like you're a real coach. I learned that no matter how much time you devote to volunteering, there are some parents that just aren't happy with anything you do (especially those ones that fail to step up and offer a helping hand). It was a great season and all three of our kids had a blast. The big pay off was seeing all those girls have fun and really start to work together by the end. Most of Abby's games were at the same times as Isaac's so I didn't get many photos of him, but he did awesome! Now, we're glad for life to settle down to a little more of a normal pace for a little while.

Our Team...appropriately named the "Pink Sparkles"




1 comments:

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

Hey Mindy! I love your picture at the top of your blog...so fun. And, can I just tell you, I THINK YOU ARE AMAZING!!! I can't believe you do everything you do and that you ALWAYS have a smile on your face. I admire you so much and really love helping you out at the school. Chin up, I'm sure you were an AWESOME soccer coach. I wish Brooklynn played this year because she would have been on your team. If I'd known you were the coach I would have signed her up again...we just needed a break this year. If you coach again next year, let me know!