Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend Update

It was a great weekend! On Friday, Justin had to take the toilet in our master bathroom completely off. It has been clogged for the past several days and after augering it several times, there was no result. Once it was off, we discovered a mini shampoo bottle wedged in the very bottom of the toilet. The last time this happened, two toothbrushes were the culprit. Thanks to Russell and Dana for keeping an eye on the little people while we were taking care of this. On Saturday, I went to my first ever Yoga Class. It was so awesome, thanks to Becky inviting me and Jen's talent & insight! I feel incredibly sore now, but what a great feeling! Becky and I were able to catch the morning session of conference on the big screen while this kiddos played. I spent the rest of the weekend with my sweet family and then ended a great weekend by having the opportunity to go to the Conference Center in Salt Lake and see the last session. I was so touched by Elder Cook's talk. Over the past few months, I have gotten to know Sister Yates, the widow he spoke of in his talk. She has moved two of her family members to Jamestown in the past few months. I met her just before my baptism. At a time that I was struggling, she gave some of the best advice to me that I have ever heard. I am so grateful for tender mercies like these that keep me going each and every day!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I just love you. You really radiate a positive attitude and love of life!

Becky said...

I had fun with you as always. Thanks for a great time. Sorry you're sore. . . will you try it again? tomorrow at 8? I'll pick you up for enrichment if you want.B

Rebecca said...

Man, when you start talking toilets I could just tell you so many stories...Tyler is really intent on getting a superflusher in our new house... and have I ever told you the "poo knife" story? Oh my! That's a DOOZY! And my bro is getting these crazy toilet seats installed in his house that squirt water!

I don't know if she still teaches or not, but my friend Shannon is an amazing amazing yoga teacher and used to teach at the Gold's by BYU. This is her yoga blog: http://theyogastreet.blogspot.com/

Love ya!