Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Grandma Beecher


We recently recieved the sad news that Justin's sweet grandmother was hit last Friday morning by another driver running a red light and killed. I have to say how incredibly grateful I am that Heavenly Father chose to "transplant" me into such a wonderful family by marrying my sweetheart. One of the largest blessings I have recieved is through knowing Grandma and seeing her graceful example. I would have much difficulty thinking of a more Christ-Like example in my life. Justin and I have had the opportunity over the last year to have her in our home for many holidays and most recently sharing my baptism day with her. What a wonderful way to end! Then I remembered that just a few short weeks ago, I had the opportunity to meet up with Grandma and my in-laws at the last session of General Confrence. It was such a great session, and as a grandaughter in law, I will be eternally grateful for sharing this special time with her. I know that Justin, the kids and I will miss her famous chip mix (with peanut m & m's) that she would bring for the grandchildren at every family function. Most of all, we will miss her sweet smile and amazing spirit!

0 comments: