Saturday, March 8, 2008

SADNESS

Okay, yeah it is nearly 2 am and I can't sleep...all worked up after a traumatic day. I got the call at noon while I was in with a patient and rushed right home. She fell off her bike and her glasses had broken and the arm of her glasses was sticking out of her forehead. This is the second set of broken glasses this week, and second set of stiches in a month. Some of this is due to her difficulty seeing I believe. The first episode, she simply had walked into the corner of a table. We had to get a plastic surgeon this time, no ER doc or pediatrician would do. Took us about 6 hours to find and available surgeon and that took me calling in some major professional favors in a personal way. We finally found this awesome guy and they put her out and took great care. Good news is that it is right along her natural brow line and with all the great silicon products out there, he says you will hardly see it! She will now add regular plastic surgeon visits to her list of monthly visits! Maybe he can fix me up too! Thank goodness for insurance and cafateria plans to this already stressed out budget (paying for her lens transplant and glasses aren't CHEAP)! But alls well that ends well and it could have been so much worse. Now the nanny is totally freaked out. Isaac told me that she was right there when it happend, you know how it goes...you can be right there and stuff still happens. There are constant reminders of what we have to be thankful for and today was one of those days. I will tell you that we were also blessed with an intoxicated little girl when we returned home. It gave us all a good laugh to see how much she was enjoying the drugs still...the laughter was good medicine for the emotional pain we had endured today. I would upload a photo or two but it's still a tender subject....maybe later we'll be laughing but not until she feels better. Nighto you, I'm going to go eat a bowl of kiddie cereal and flip the channels until I can convince my racing mind to get some zzzzz's! M

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness! Poor little Abby!! I can't imagine how crazy that must have been. I am glad to hear she will fair out all right.
I hope you are doing all right? Please let us know if we can help with anything.

Jennie said...

Oh sweet little Abby! She will probably get over it faster than you will. Jake had no idea when he had his surgery, but I was worried about it for weeks! I hope you ALL start feeling better this week...oh, and take it easy!