Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Abby's new Big Girl Room







Well, I am kind of sad to say that after nearly 6 years of having a nursery in our home, we have traded it in for big kids rooms! The good news is that Abby is no longer in our bed (most nights) and has taken to falling asleep in her new bed. I re-painted the room all on my own, with much help from daddy who played babysitter! We purchased all the furnishings from IKEA and re-did the entire room for around $300 (new bed and bedding included). The flowers on the wall are actually these awesome night lights from IKEA ($7) that make the room glow at night. She just loves them! All I have left to do is sew some curtains out of an extra bedspread. I asked Justin if Abby and I could trade rooms so that I could be a little girl for awhile again but he declined. We are enjoying the added independance to stay up at night and read or watch television. Our room hasn't belonged to us and we haven't sleep without a baby between us for nearly 6 years. We are enjoying the time together. I have gotten such a great sense of accomplishment from this that I am moving on to the kitchen this weekend! Enjoy the masterpiece!

0 comments: