Monday, June 16, 2008

Finished Product Of Our Breakfast Nook And A Story


Here is our masterpiece, but Justin would agree it is mostly MY masterpiece. He was kind enough to put the muscle behind tearing down the beloved MAP. I chose the colors, did the painting and even taught myself how to re-texture the wall. I got tired of waiting on the guy to come do it, so I learned to do it myself. I have to brag that when he finally did come to look at the wall, he couldn't believe that I hadn't paid someone professionally to do this! The true blessing in this story is as follows:


In January I was called to be a Sunday School teacher to the three year olds. I had very mixed feelings about both my ability to teach others about Christ as well as the ability to add yet another thing to and overflowing plate. Then I was asked and had the opportunity to head up a 60th Birthday Party for Weldon and Gean. This was the same weekend I had hoped to finish the kitchen....Justin and I managed to somehow go to Layton on Friday night, prepare the food, throw a wonderful party (with the help of Der & Nickki) and come home Saturday afternoon. I was able to get my grocery shopping done, church clothes ironed, my lesson prepared and get the kitchen re-textured and painted. How did I do all that???? The awnser lies in the opportunity to give service. I feel there have been more blessings of time in my life since I received this calling. It's as if the Lord has given me 36 hours to the 24 hours others get in a day. I am grateful for the chance to serve others, especially those 12 wonderful Sunbeams that light up my life every Sunday!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

It looks awesome! I tried to call you the other day...I will try again:)

Amy said...

It looks incredible! Way to go!!!!

Jennie said...

I love the nook! It is BEAUTIFUL!!!