Thursday, June 26, 2008

Just saying Hello!

Looking at the blog, I have realized it's been awhile since I have just written something. The truth is, I need to learn to do a few more things in the blogging world. I am sure it probably gets boring to see all of our photos. I need to get Justin to show me how to upload videos (we have some good ones). Many of you have asked me to share some of my favorite recipes and so that is another "coming soon" to the blog. The truth is, that since I returned from my business trip in Florida, things have been non-stop! We had two of Derrin and Nicole's boys for a week, Dad Hill is with us this week (We love having him come stay), and next week we have a high school friend Troy Mosley and his wife flying in from Missouri for the 4th of July holiday! Whew! Add t-ball, play dates and summer activities to all that plus lots of work at the community, a church calling, tending our garden....I AM BUSY! Another thing to mention is that Justin has been begging for 2 years for me to watch 'LOST' with him. I hesitated for so long to get into a TV series because I just don't have time and I get sucked in. It takes my focus away from the kid's night time routine and reading which is important to me. Well, I finally agreed and have spent the past 3 weeks staying up to the wee hours of the morning watching episode after exciting episode. We are half way through Season 2. Last night, I said let's just watch one and then go to bed....4 episodes later we called it a night! In other news, our garden is doing so well. We will have tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, carrots and peaches in no time. We lost our cucumbers because of cold weather. I can't wait...I feel such a sense of accomplishment having tackled our first garden. We have a fun weekend planned! Grandma and Grandpa Hill are taking the kiddos Friday evening so that my sweetie and I can go to the Art Festival. We are staying the night at their house in Layton and then going to the Clinton Reunion in Brigham City. We get together once a year with all the church members that lived in our hometown in MO. and now live in Utah. it is fun to see some of our old friends from those days. Hope all is well and I will get some recipes and videos up in days to come.

1 comments:

Amy said...

I love hearing about your busy lives. We need to squeeze in a BBQ somewhere....smile!

Miss you guys!