Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Mr. Ethan






This is such a special child. He is a child that does things HIS WAY. He loves Super Mario Brothers above all else. He makes us laugh non-stop. He is the child that 4 years ago, I went to Labor and Delivery and said, "I think I might be in labor." I was dilated to a 10! He's missing his front tooth from a little escapade with his brother. He rations kisses...only 1 per month for mom and dad may have one whenever he would like. He pretends to be a 40 pound infant every Sunday at Church. He loves Abby's purses and will fight her on occasion to get his hands on one. He likes Chocolate as much as I do. Dad is his hero....after Mario. I am eternally grateful to have this "difficult" child in my life for he teaches me about the mom I need to be. A mom that doesn't yell or loose her patience, a mom that waits for that one day a month when I am his chosen friend. I love him and all the memories, laughter and nail biting he brings to our family.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Happy Bday Ethan! That is one awesome cake!!!

Rick...the meek and mild said...

The mustach is a nice touch. Now he can both look like and act like a pirate eh?

Angela said...

Did you do the cake? It's awesome!! I can't believe how much your kids have grown. Crazy how time flies so quickly!