Tuesday, August 4, 2009

365 Days Ago....

....I was washed, and made clean again. I was PERFECT, but only for a time....
I will never forget this day and the many ways that letting God's grace into my life has changed me for the better.
Moroni 8:10 "Behold I say unto you that this thing shall ye teach—repentance and baptism unto those who are accountable and capable of committing sin; yea, teach parents that they must repent and be baptized, and humble themselves as their little children, and they shall all be saved with their little children. "
This beautiful picture of Christ is the first thing people see when they enter our home now. It was a very special gift given to me on that special day by our nanny and her family. It's a constant reminder that our house, is a home of believers. Believers in God's Eternal Plan. I love that each time I am coming or going, it reminds me to try to be more like Jesus. Although I am far from perfect, I am trying every day to be more like him. Maybe someday I won't have to 'try' anymore and it will just become who I am. I'm not sure if that destination is obtainable, but I'm sure going to try. But until then, I'll keep plugging away.....

3 comments:

Somerset said...

You're amazing! Love you! Love you! Love you!

Amy said...

Wow! The year went by quick. Seems like just yesterday!!

Thank you for sharing your testimony. You are an incredible daughter of God! I feel so blessed to have you as my friend!

Love you!

J+S said...

Hi Mindy,

I'm not certain if you will remember me, but we met when you hosted Syndey Walter's birthday party. I've blog stalked you for a few weeks now since I discovered your link on Rebecca's blog. You were such an amazing person, and I just loved this post. Thanks for the reminder to us all!

Jenifer