Friday, July 30, 2010

Flashback Friday




To Wonderful Summertime Childhood Memories....

I have such vivid thoughts of my childhood in the summer.
Spending endless days in my great grandparent's garden eating strawberries until my stomach hurt. Playing with friends, and riding my pink Huffy bike. My mom would fill the stock tank (that's "hillbilly" for swimming pool, it was actually a horse troff) with fresh water for us to play and let us drink Bubble Up until our heart's content. My parents loved bon fires and we had one nearly every Friday night growing up. Camping at Table Rock Lake, and visiting Branson was one of our favorite things to do. I loved going to the Lake of the Ozarks to see grandparents, aunts, uncles, & cousins. My grandparents owned a resort there called The Fern Glen. We would play shuffle board, make homemade french fries for the patrons every day and even play hide and seek in the lake water under the docks at night.


Although my children's memories may be different than mine, I hope that I can give them these kind of experiences to look back on and recall with a smile.

0 comments: