Saturday, July 10, 2010

I'm Only Famous For One Thing....

Well, besides talking a lot...and relating well to people in their 80's....

BAKED BEANS!!!!
I'm only asked to make them everywhere I go...
I can't take the credit for the recipe though...
it came from a good Missouri friend of ours.


This is just before the tears.
And thanks R for my "flirty" apron, isn't it darling?


Yes, you must do this...no matter how badly it hurts.
And it will make your hands and hair stink for days.


Here is the secret ingredient:


And here is the masterpiece, I made a couple of pans of these puppies last weekend:


Ruben Vega's Baked Beans

2 Cans Pork & Beans
1 T Butter
1/2 C Diced Green Pepper
1/2 C Diced Onion
1/2 C Liquid Smoke
1 C Brown Sugar
1/4 C Mustard
1/2 C Ketchup

Saute pepper and onion in butter for about 5 minutes. Add the liquid smoke and stir. Then add in the brown sugar and keep stirring until brown and bubbly. Pour mixture into pan of beans. Add mustard and ketchup and stir. Add some crumbled bacon for extra, extra goodness. I usually let them sit overnight for best flavor and bake the next day for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
YUMO!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yummy!! I always love a good baked beans recipe...We are actually having a ward party on the 24th and there is a baked beans "cook-off". I will have to give these a try!

Rach said...

You are so super sexy in that apron.