Monday, September 6, 2010

Recipe of The Week

Summer Zucchini & Corn


I "borrowed" this recipe from a cooking blog I occasionally stalk:
www.welovegoodfoods.blogspot.com
I made it last week for Sunday dinner and the kids loved it!
Plus, it's a fantastic way to use up the zucchini I have coming out of my ears from the garden.

2 zucchini (smaller taste better), sliced thin
3 ears of corn, kernels cut off
(I used the organic frozen corn from Costco, still good)
1 ripe tomato, diced
2 minced gloved of garlic
1 t each fresh oregano and thyme, minced
olive oil
salt

Pour 2 t of olive oil in large saute pan and heat. When warm, add zucchini and salt. A minute or so later add 2/3 of the corn. After a couple of minutes, add 1/2 of the garlic, half the herbs and the tomato. Toss together. When all the veggies look cooked add remaining corn, garlic and herbs. Salt to taste.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm going to make this right now:)

Rebecca said...

gracias:)