Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday's Thought.....Or Two


It's true, I've neglected my Thursday's Thought for some time now.
I came across THIS today and I was just what I needed. It's got to be the thought of a lifetime! I think it's crucial for all of us to realize at some point in our lives that if we will stop being a victim and know that the power comes from within, we can overcome any situation. It reminds me of a quote that I love, one that I have to frequently resort to when I feel I've had more than I can stand:

"No pain that we suffer is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up or character, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called children of God. And it is thorough sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we came here to acquire and which will make us more like God. ~Elder Orson F. Whitney

0 comments: