Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independance Day

From Our House To Yours


Someone was a little sad :(
Maybe it's because the extra large running shoes she's wearing
(women's size 9 1/2 to be exact)


This is my favorite thing on July 4th. When I was a little girl, my dad would light a friendship pagoda for me every year. I would save it in my room on a special shelf until the next year would roll around.


When asked at dinner tonight what FREEDOM means to them, they thoughtfully replied:
Isaac-"It means we get to make our own choices."
Ethan-"It means I have the best life ever."
Abby-"It means no bad guys can get in."


FREEDOM means to me a thankful heart to our Father in Heaven for making all the wonders we share living in this country possible.

3 comments:

How Sweet it is! said...

For me, the Fourth of July is next to Christmas as my favorite holiday! I love living here and being able to take in the whole freedom festival.

Rach said...

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry--but I am cracking up at Abby!! Are she and Lily so similar or what?! We would have a breakdown over a similar event. And no small cure (like taking the shoes off) can fix being that sad :)

Rach said...

PS: I miss you!!