Monday, September 19, 2011

Dad's Girls...


My "baby" sister (ha ha) and I had a great visit with our dad the first night I got into Missouri. You can see the sheer joy and happiness just written all over my face. He made dinner for us and we just sat around for hours catching up and telling stories. It was a wonderful way to start what would be one of the most amazing weekends of my life (but more about all that later):


Our dad has spent his life as a general contractor. He's a very hard worker and this shirt just fits him so well because there's nothing he loves more than "playing in the dirt" well, except his daughters of course.


The sweetest thing is this. If my dad were a dog, we laughed that he would be THIS dog. "Lightening" and dad are perfect companions for one another. I always adored that my dad had a love for animals growing up. When I told him that I was sad that dogs only live such a short time he sweetly replied, "Yeah but then we would only get to have one or tow dogs our whole life if they lived longer". He's had a lot of four-legged buddies in his lifetime. They tend to bring out something soft in him.

2 comments:

Machelle said...

aww!! loved this post. you are the most beautiful with that famous "Mindy Smile" on your face. :) love you sugar pie, glad you had a splendid time with your family

Rach said...

"So people like you will ask me why I have a mullet."