Sunday, November 8, 2009

Not Exactly.....

The sexy shoes I had been hoping for....but it's a start.


Do these shoes make me look FAT? Ha, Ha.


I'm doing quite well, thank you. I even ended my three day love affair with the pain meds.
They were giving me insomnia. And the nausea super-seeded the pain.
Surgery was Thursday.
I'll give you the highlights and the lowlights:
We arrived at same day surgery to check in and my nurse announced that my podiatrist wanted a conscious sedation.
Which means....I was to be awake for the entire procedure. YUCK!
So, I gratefully took my lumps and agreed.
Just a few moments before leaving my sweetie and being wheeled into the OR, someone slipped me a low-fast acting dose of morphine! No kidding!
I remember looking at Justin and laughing and saying something like, "I have no idea what is going on right now."
They give you this to put you asleep only for a short time while they numb the area they are going to "work" on, and then you wake up for the remainder of the surgery.
That was the idea, anyway.
Next thing I knew (seriously) I woke up in the OR and felt the incision they were making in my foot.
Before you freak out, it didn't hurt really. I just felt pressure.
That's all I remember.
Then I woke up in the Recovery room with a very sore throat.
Dr. Rogers was right there with a smile on his face.
I was mortified thinking I probably screamed my head off or something.
He assured me that I had been the perfect patient.
My proceedure ended up taking 2 1/2 hours unstead of the 1/2 hour he had thought.
Plain and simple, my right foot was just such a mess. He felt it was best to put me fully under for the duration because some of the challenges they incured as well as the fact that I insisted on "dancing" on the operating table.
2 plates and 3 screws later, it's over and done. I'm glad. I have a new foot.
Even if I have to wear this silly shoe for the next month and then trade it in for another on the left side.
Thanks to all of you who have been delivering dinners, treats, thoughts and prayers to our doorstep. We appreciate it more than you could ever know.


1 comments:

dana liston said...

Mindy, I am so glad that you are doing good. I have been thinking about you, but have not been a great neighbor. Sorry. Eliza has been taking more energy than I thought she would! Glad you are on the road to recovery.