Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Where Did The Time Go?

Needless to say that I have been looking in the mirror lately and wondering the answer to that very question. When I turned 30, everything changed. I would like to say it's better. The truth is, I am still working at loving the thirty-something me. Then yesterday, in an instant I felt really old. Isaac had kind of a bad day and was crying in the driveway when I came home from work. The whole truth is that he had gotten scolded for telling a tall tale. He seems to be doing that a lot lately. Not sure why, maybe he needs more attention or he's just testing out the limits his father and I have for that. After discussing why telling lies is such a bad choice, I attempted to pick him up and hold him. It was then that I realized he was far to big for me to pick up and comfort. When the heck did that happen?
Next week, our golden boy will turn 7. I call him the golden boy because that's just the truth, plain and simple. He sprinkles joy and sunshine in my life every moment of every day.
Don't believe me? Just look at these pictures, you can just see the everlasting twinkle in those sweet little eyes. I will eternally miss baby Issac, but it's really fun getting to know the BIG spirit in this growing boy.






1 comments:

Rach said...

Ooooh, he is so cute!! And he looks the exact same now...just taller!