Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dear BHG

You've taught me so much over the past 15 years of our association....
Like how to make near perfect orange rolls, beef stew, corn chowder, zucchini bread and oh so much more.
How could I ever repay you for the wealth of culinary knowledge you've provided me with?
Other people might trade you in for some other "flashy" "new" cookbook....NOT ME.
Oh, I have all of them...some of them are even autographed by famous chefs like Rick Bayless, Julia Child & Lydia Bastianich.
I met them all while working HERE for 5 years...those were great days, a sort of Culinary Renaissance for me.
None of them have done what you do for me.
Thank you for the domestic goddess you have transformed this silly little Missouri girl into.
Love, Your Most Loyal Chef


This was my mother's treasured cookbook all my growing up years. It is one of my prized possessions! It's kept together by lots of string and duct tape. Countless amazing meals have been prepared by her beautiful hands out of Betty Crocker's creations....



My favorite are these two pages: Chocolate Chip Cookies and Oatmeal Raisin. They are nearly falling apart and are considered by me to be valuable memorabilia of grand childhood memories.
Thanks MOMMA!


0 comments: