Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Recipe of the Week


Hay & Straw Pasta


If you have spent any amount of time at our house, you have probably had this meal at one time or another. So many of you have begged me to send this one to you a time or two so now that it's on the blog, you always be able to find it....It is my very own made up recipe but it has a story.
When Mr. Hill and I were going to college HERE there was this great Italian Place he loved called Zio's and he thought he Hay and Straw there was killer!
Our first year of marriage I vowed to figure out how to make my own killer Hay & Straw so here's what I came up with:

Diced Ham

2 C Frozen Peas


Saute in 1 T butter and some fresh garlic


1 Package Fettuccine Noodles (boiled & drained)

1 T butter (melt in warm noodles)


Mix in 1 container sour cream and 1 pkg shredded Parmesan Cheese


Add Ham mixture and a little salt & pepper to taste.


Hint: I have also wanted to try making this with heavy cream



Warning: This is NOT a low calorie meal! But it is SO YUM and it may clog the arteries a bit!




3 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

You KNOW this is my MOST FAVORITE of foods!!! I just made it the other night for my crew!!! Thanks for letting me add it to my menu.

joleen said...

K I'm making that this week! Also thanks for coming to see me! It really is always so great!

Jaime said...

I'm totally going to try this too! Thanks for passing it on!