Thursday, May 12, 2011

Number Thirty -Five


1992, Very Likely My Best Birthday Ever.
Just moments after this photo was taken, the doorbell rang. Sitting on my porch was a dozen roses, box of chocolates and a new watch. From Justin. Why is this such a big deal? First, I had never gotten anything from a boy on my birthday. Second, it was my first set of roses. THIRD, I had no idea that he really even knew I existed. He was away at college (yes, I was only 16 and still in high school) and had made arrangements to make this happen. I felt like I could fly. He came home that weekend and tried to teach me how to drive his red mustang. I failed, almost wrecking his car in the process. That gave us both a great laugh. It was the start of a special friendship that spanned nearly 8 years before we took our first real date. I love this day.

0 comments: