Friday, January 9, 2009

2009 Goals

I know it is a bit late, but I have been reflecting on what exactly I want to accomplish this year. I guess I figured if I profess them to all of you, I will actually have to put my goals into action...... So here it goes.....

1. To try less to be critical of people and situations and just try more to UNDERSTAND and just LOVE.....even if I am not being LOVED
2. Make time for QUIET and learn to enjoy QUIET....I am always so busy, when I am not busy I am trying to find things that will make me busy
3. Be a kid again (with my own kids) play house, chase, build forts and just have fun more often
4. Make sure that my sweet husband knows and feels each day how much I love and appreciate him
5. Be able to get through a yoga session without falling on my face (those of you who are in our class and reading this are laughing silently I know.......
Number 5 should have been more like....I want to gain mad yoga skills and stand on my head like Dana, Becky and Jen can!
6. Be more organized and put things in their spot the first time.....I just spent a week cleaning out drawers, closents, bags, cars, offices ect. and realized how much easier things would be if I would follow my husband's example of tidiness

THAT'S IT.....I expect all of you to call me down when I am doing something that is not congruent with these goals!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I completely understand what you mean by enjoying quiet time. When I do have quiet time, I have a really hard time enjoying it because I am so used to being busy. It feels so unnatural and strange.... like there is something I should be doing.

I like your goals for the year! I think you should add just one more... "Get together with Amy and Niel at least once this year!" ...haha!!!

Happy New Year!

Gean & Weldon Hill said...

Mindy as your Mother-in-law I
can honestly say you are like
Mary Poppins. You are "practicly
perfect." True it's good to have
goals.