Monday, June 8, 2009

Goblin Valley & Galaxy Quest

We had such a great time hiking in the valley of goblins this weekend. I added this picture of the movie Galaxy Quest because it is one that Justin worked on the movie set when we first started dating 11 years ago. There is a part of it that was filmed in the valley. It was fun to reminisce and think about him trying to describe this to me over the phone. Now I understand the giant red rocks scattered throughout out first home. The truth is, I have never seen anything like this place. The kids loved playing hide and seek and we even hiked to this really awesome cave. We went home and watched Galaxy Quest and had fun picking Justin out of the behind the scenes footage.
Here are some other films he has worked on:
Meet the Deedles
The Testaments
Host
Blues Traveler Video
Several episodes of "Touched by an Angel"











2 comments:

dana liston said...

Cute Pictures Mindy. Gobblin Valley is a fun place for the kids to run free. :)

Rebecca said...

Very cool. I babysat for the guy who wrote Galaxy Quest. His wife was my YW leader for a while. Hilarious.

Fun trip. This is one of the places I'd like to take my kids someday.