Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Once Upon Ethan's Potty.....

His mommy and daddy were trying to teach this strapping nearly 5 year old two very important lessons about going number 2......

1. It is not necessary to be in the buff in order to go poo!
2. You ARE old enough to wipe your own bum!
The Mister and I have been on a
"Wiping Ethan's Bum Strike"
for weeks now. Doesn't seem to keep him from asking though.
Last week, we were enjoying a nice dinner with my parents on the back patio when he disappeared. He resurfaced much later in the buff.
He stood on the back porch, bent over, spread em' and asked, "if there was anymore poo in his bummy?"
I was so proud!
Last night before bed he was doing the usual, "mom...Mom...MOM...MOM"
scream and I just ignored (knew what he wanted). After it was quiet for a few minutes I went in to check out the situation. Apparently he has taken desperate wiping measures...
and has enlisted his 2 year old sister to do the job!
Only problem is, she uses only one square of tp at a time!


P.S. This is one of my favorite potty training books, maybe I need to resort back to reading this to him!

3 comments:

joleen said...

Be strong! Make him do his own wiping but insist on a shower every day!

Chris Othic said...

Get the kid one of those French bidets, whydoncha? :)

Jason and Amy said...

I agree on the shower everyday... Mason was our tough one too. It will all seem like a bad dream before too much longer. Love you Ethan BuB!