Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Art of Racing In The Rain

I just finished reading this great book. It's written from a dog's perspective as he shares his experiences living with a family. I was enlightened by Enzo's perspective and sense of humor. It reminded me a lot of Brittan. I am grateful for the wonderful years my life and our home was blessed by her amazing energy.

"The Dawn breaks gently on the horizon and spills its light over the land. My life seems like it has been so long and so short at the same time. People speak of a will to live. They rarely speak of a will to die. Because people are afraid of death. Death is dark and unknown and frightening. But not for me. It is not the end."

I know well of this will to die. Where I work, people speak of it often. In fact it is a welcomed friend to many. Many who want to be restored, reunited with their true love that they have had to live far too many years without. It is something I am not afraid of.

I know that my Brittan is somewhere running in endless fields of flowers chasing birds and playing a never ending game of fetch.
But OH how my heart still aches for her.

0 comments: