Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Kids Are Weird....

But in a good way, a great way actually.
Their favorite foods are things like:
grilled salmon, hummus, asparagus, cous cous, and the list goes on and on.
That's what you get when their mom is a "foodie" who loves to cook.
Isaac and I took a late night trip to the supermarket for milk last Saturday.
He begged and begged me to spend his allowance on this:
(And I am TOTALLY Serious HERE)


$15.00 later, this is what we got. I didn't make him spend all his money, I chipped in some of my own allowance. We had a great time experimenting and tasting some exotic fruits.


Star Fruit, one of their favorites. Crisp and Fruity and they LOVED the shape of course.


This is a Dragon fruit, the most interesting and beautiful by far. It reminded me of a kiwi and tasted like nothing really. And it was the most expensive. I won't elaborate any more on that because you'll think I'm crazy. I think that I am crazy.


They loved eating the Pomegrante Seeds.


This is a cactus fruit. Very beautiful and tasty but made me a little nervous. One drop of this and your clothes are ruined. We also tried an Asian pear (Ethan's fav) and a Mango (my fav).
It was a fun little experiment that made for some beautiful pictures.

1 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

How fun! At least you know your kids are eating well. :) Have you had mango salsa? Love it.