Monday, February 9, 2009

Confessions of a Bake-aholic

The finished product, aren't they PRETTY???

The boys enjoyed making cookies!

Little Tweeter loved SPRINKLES most of all!


Delicious!

Wanting to help mom too!


Yummy Cream Cheese Icing!


My cabinet dedicated to SPRINKLES (only)!
I love to bake things! One of my favorite memories as a child, like most people is of making sugar cookie cutouts with my mom and grandmas. I have never gotten them to turn out like I wanted. They are usually too thin and crispy. I wanted to make the ones that are fluffy and cake like and that have yummy frosting. I decided that yesterday was the day. Realizing that time was my main enemy, I set aside plenty of time. I always rush things....I baked them on a lower heat than called for, and let them cool for a very long time. I made a heavenly cream cheese icing to finish it off! They turned out perfectly! They were almost too pretty to eat and the kids loved getting involved.

2 comments:

joleen said...

Wow! That cupboard is really amazing! Glad you had a fun time! You're family is so cute!

Becky said...

they sure were good. Thanks for sharing! I am inspired, I want more sprinkles for my kitchen cupboard. Let's go shopping!