Friday, February 6, 2009

Poor Brittan!

This sweet dog has been a member of our family for about 9 years. Our sister Amy had just had her first baby and being a military family, Brittan got to be a little too much for them. She was our baby before we had any babies of our own. She has taken on her role as nurse maid so well, never complaining or being grumpy. As you can see in the photos, with a little girl around the house now she has also become a dress up doll. She takes the daily abuses the kids dish out to her with a smile on her face. I seriously have seen her smile BIG before! At the end of the day, you will find her curled up at the end of Isaac's or Ethan's bed faithfully. Routinely, she will make her way to our room in the middle of the night. Routinely, she will get kicked out of our room for her foul smelling gas. I know she is getting older. Her face is turning white, she sleeps a lot more but is always ready to play ball. We don't play ball with her enough these days. I remember the days that we use to take her mountain biking in Moab. She would go on 20+ mile rides with us and still be ready to play ball when we got back to the car. Isaac really wants to go see the movie "Marley and Me" but we don't have the heart to make him face the fact yet that our dear Brtittan won't always be with us. This doggie has given so much of herself to this family. I know it will never be the same when she is gone. My sister in law has done so many great things for us and given us so much over the years. Amy, I would have to say that this is the best gift ever. We love her!





She is sooooo proud of her little creation!

4 comments:

Team Alvord said...

We so totally know what you MEAN about the foul smelling gas. The FUNNY thing is that our dog doesn't seem to notice how it just silently SEEPS out at unusual times, especially in his sleep -- LIKE the other night when our life insurance guy came to the house and was TREATED to a lovely smell wafting from the sleeping dog at his feet. A very unique SMELL we like to call... "the Essence of Rosco!"

Becky said...

I have to admit if I could get a dog like Brit I think I would in a heartbeat, the problem is all dogs aren't that good. So therefore we will probably never get a dog although the kids LOVE animals. Our cats aren't nice enough, they aren't mean but they don't want to play. Don't ever talk about Brittan not being here, that's sad! :(

Jason and Amy said...

Min, first let me tell you how I don't know if I could've given sweet Brittan to anyone else buy you guys. She for sure went to the BEST family!!! Second, DON'T let Isaac go see the movie. Jason and I kept seeing your dear family with three kids and the coolest dog the whole movie long. It was very hard to watch it and had Brittan in my head the whole time. There were grown men bawlling all around us during the movie. I love you guys and still love that Brit to death! She is getting so much love from you all!

Brooke said...

Oh Brittan. When I first started reading this blog I thought that it was gong to be sad. You guys have had Brittan for a long time. And she has been such a good dog.