Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Dance Dresses

I have been meaning to post this for quite awhile. This picture was taken in 1991 at my first school dance as a freshman. The other girl in the picture is someone that would become a life long friend and sister in law. The funniest thing about this picture is that she talked me into wearing her dress (you know, the one that is falling off my shoulders) so she could wear mine. I am proud to say that both of these dresses are still in my posession and someday our little girls will giggle as the try them on and think of their mommas. I remember being in aerobics class in high school together and talking about how fun it would be if we were sisters. I am so grateful that dream became a reality to me. Amy gave us the best dog ever. She was there and shared the birth of our first child. She is a beautiful person inside and out. I feel a certain special energy when she and her twin are around. Love you girl!

8 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

Min, YOU'RE THE BEST!!! I LOVE you so much and am eternally grateful for our dream coming true. You truly have always been my sister.

Amy said...

That is a priceless picture! Love it!!!

Becky said...

Mindy Mindy MINDY- I can't believe that dress. At least it wasn't your wedding dress that you have to have posted up in your house. I am so glad that I was only pre teen during the ugly 80's early 90's. I have some great pics of big hair on me but nothing like you've got in that rockin dress. You should have been in a band! Thanks for sharing the good laugh!

joleen said...

Wow Mindy, those are some real chicken legs! Layne says, "big bird called and wants his legs back!"

Mindy Hill said...

Yeah, pretty funny huh! You guys made me laugh out loud this morning! Glad I could share this silliness with you!

JENNE said...

What a movie star! You look just like Jennifer Garner in 13 going 30! Too Cute! What fun memories.

Brown Family said...

The 80s were the best for dress! Your look awesome.

Ratfink said...

That picture is awesome!! Ha ha ha, I love it