Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mexican Chicken Lasgna


As promised, here is the first of many fabulous recipes I have yet to add to my blog. This is a relatively new one I discovered. I knew Justin would love this casserole but unsure how the kids would feel about it. They loved it!

36 Corn Tortillas
6C Cubed Cooked Chicken Breast (I like it browned in a little Zesty Italian Dressing)
2 Cans Kidney Beans, Rinsed & Drained
3 Jars (16 oz each) Salsa
3 C Sour Cream
2 Lg. Chopped Green Peppers
3 Small Cans Sliced Black Olives, Drained
6 C Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese

In each of two greased 13x19 inch baking pans, arrange 6 tortillas in the bottom. Top each with 1 C Chicken, 2/3 Kidney Beans, 1 C Salsa, 1/2 C Sour Cream, 1/2 C Green Pepper, about 1/3 C olives, & 1 C Cheese. Repeat layers twice.

Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 min. Uncover, bake 10-15 min. longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 min. before serving.
I like to freeze one and keep for later or make both if you have guests!

Side Suggestions: Spanish Rice, Green Salad with Red Pepper & Avocado, Fresh Fruit

Would love to hear how you like this one, ENJOY!

0 comments: