Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Yellowstone Memories








I have been thinking about this great trip we took to Yellowstone a couple of years ago. It was such a simple, yet fun, yet relaxing trip. We had just returned a few weeks before that trip from a week at Disneyland in California. I think the kids actually enjoyed the trip to Yellowstone more than our Disney Adventure. Old Faithful was one of their favorite parts. Proof that the simple things in life still DO count. Justin and I loved seeing the beautiful country and just taking it easy. The boys adored our little one room cabin they called our "clubhouse" and thought that camping out with their cousins was the best thing ever! We found this great little place just near the entry to West Yellowstone that was a Grizzly Bear and Wild Wolf Habitat. What was so great about it, is they let they kids go into the habitat (before the bears are let out) and hide the bear's food. Then the children get to watch as the bears find the food they hid. My favorite part of the trip was hiking the lower falls. I complained the entire way (with Ethan on my back) and couldn't imagine why we were doing this....until we reached the falls. It was so beautiful, and yes, so worth the hike. I have the feeling we will be taking a trip back very soon.

0 comments: