Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thinking of My Grandmother

This amazing and beautiful lady is my sweet grandmother. She has been on my mind so much lately. She had a stroke last week and is working hard to recover. There is so much love in her. As a child and into my adulthood, I have been the lucky recipient of so much of her love. I inherited her forgetfulness. I remember once as a child we were picking strawberries in this huge field in Missouri. After several hours of picking, she realized she had lost her keys somewhere in that immense patch. We eventually found her keys. I love that she is so kind and adoring to my sweet babies and handsome hubby. I love that when I got married, she gave me her size 5 glitter dancing shoes. These are the shoes she use to wear when dancing with my grandfather as a young woman. These are also the shoes I would fight all my cousins for during dress up. Now my feet are far too large for those shoes, but I have a feeling that my little girl will get a chance to wear them. My hope is that her dance of life can be as beautiful as that of my grandmother. I am so grateful grandma for the legacy of love you have given to me all the days of my life.

2 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

Mindy,
I am very touched by what you wrote about your sweet Grandmother. She is lucky to have such a loving and dear granddaughter as you. Love you girl!
Amy

Unknown said...

What sweet memories you have of your grandmother...I am sure you are a bright spot in her life as well!

by they way, that strawberry shortcake party turned out darling...you really know how to throw a party!