Monday, September 7, 2009

Our Stewart Falls Adventure


We woke up Saturday morning itching to do something different.
I haven't hiked (or ran) the 4 mile trail up and back from Stewart Falls in 8 years when I helped coach cross country at Orem High School in 1999-2001.
We decided to take a chance the boys would enjoy it, packed a picnic, stuck Abby in the
backpack and we were on our way!
It's not the easiest hike at times for the little ones but everyone seemed to embrace the spirit
of this adventure and had an awesome time.
We made it to the falls, ate lunch and started back home. It rained the last half and hour of the trek, which made it a slippery and muddy mess. Just what little boys love. Luckily the Princess was safely kept in a tall tower on her daddy's back!
It was such a great time and a memory we will all cherish I am sure!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Stewart Falls is one of my favorite hikes...Such beauty!!

What a fun thing to do with little ones, and such an adventure for little boys!!

Unknown said...

Stewart Falls is one of my favorite hikes...Such beauty!!

What a fun thing to do with little ones, and such an adventure for little boys!!

PALMERS said...

Mindy, how do you post the multiple photos like that? I'm dying to know. Love the pictures. We went up there the other year but it was really hot and we never made it all the way to the falls. We should try again.
Amy Palmer

Mindy Hill said...

Amy: If I respond to your comment....can you see it? I want to tell you how, but don't have your email. Mindy

PALMERS said...

Mindy, you can e-mail me at amy@mendingshed.net. Thanks so much. You are so awesome to keep up on your blog so well!