Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Lonely Ball


Things just aren't the same since My Master has gone.
I am beginning to think that I was the Master all of those loyal years we spent together.
Her people, they cry, they mourn.
They don't even want to frolic in the yard anymore.
They don't want to play with me like SHE did.
Oh how I wish the heavens would open up and take me with HER.

~Written by me...the sad, brokenhearted mother of the best dog in the world
Did I tell you how sad I am, did I tell you how much I cry? Did I tell you I don't feel like eating?
It's just not the same.....

6 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

Gosh Dang It Min, You're killing me. This picture of the ball laying in the grass so says it all about out sweet Brittan. Hang in there girl. I know she's with you guys still!!! Loving ya tons! And still loving those big puppy dog eye to death!

Ratfink said...

You and Justina are breaking my heart. I found this poem thinking of you guys... I changed it slightly.


Heaven's Doggie Door

My best friend closed her eyes last night.
As her head was in my hand.
We could tell she was in pain
And it was hard for her to stand.

The thoughts that scurried through my head,
As I cradled her in my arms
Were of her younger puppy years
And oh her many charms.

Today there was not gentle nudge
With an intense "I love you gaze"
Only a heart that's filled with tears
Remembering our joy filled days.

But an angel just appeared to me
And he said "you should cry no more!"
GOD also loves our canine friends
He's installed a doggie door!

I love you guys! Please let me know if there is anything I can do!!

Mindy Hill said...

Amy~ I'm sorry, this just seems to be the only way I can express how I'm feeling right now. I know this will get better but for now it just sucks!

I love this poem, it's my new favorite thing. it made me smile. Thanks Corey, love you both!

Unknown said...

That's a beautiful picture!

Unknown said...

That's a beautiful picture!

Brooke said...

Brittan passed away? Oh I am so sad and SO, SO, SO sad for you guys. Oh.....my heart is with you guys....