Friday, October 16, 2009

10 Years Ago......






I won the love and affection of the man I adore for a lifetime.....
the man that all the mothers in our small hometown wanted their daughters to marry.....
the man I met at a New Year's Church dance in 1990 while I was a date of one of his best friend's....
a man that said, "Wow, where did you find that girl?" when I walked into the room that night (how exciting for me, he was a college boy).....
the man that sent me my first roses& a Guess Watch on my 16th birthday....
the man that didn't know what to do when his car overheated the first time he came to pick me up on a date and my mom had to hose his radiator down for him....
the man that taught me to drive a car (a Red Mustang to be exact :).....
the man that watched me courageously run the mile at the state track meet.....
The man that gave me "a penny for my thoughts"when I was 17, I still have that penny.....
the man that accidentally missed my high school graduation....
the man that took me to my first concert (Depeche Mode) as my graduation gift....
the man that moved me to my college dorm at SMSU my freshman year....
the man that told me that year he knew I was who he was suppose to marry...
the man I decided to ignore that freshman year because of some other silly boy....
the man that waited for me to come back to him....
the man that forgave me for ignoring him all those years and made me promise to NEVER ignore him again.....
the man that still wishes I would go to a haunted house with him (maybe this year is the year)....
the man that made me promise the night before our wedding that if we ever had a daughter, we would name her Abigail.....
and the man that I got to be lucky enough to raise three beautiful children with...
I love you so much!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Geez..what a great lookin couple! Happy Anniversary!

JENNE said...

Wow, ten years fly by, don't they? And they just keep on getting better and better.

Rebecca said...

You two are so gorgeous together. Happy anniversary! Here's to the many more (and eternity) to come!

Rach said...

Oh my gosh, what a darling tribute. You two are so great!

Jason and Amy said...

Amy yet Min, it's all of us that feel like we're the lucky ones to get you as a part of our family forever!!! So happy for you both!