Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What's For Dinner?


My Great Grandmother's Sweedish Meatballs with Egg Noodles and Garlic Snap Peas

This is one for our kid's favorite meals. The very smell of it through our house just reminds me of my childhood days spent at my grandmother Ana Belle Arthur's home.

2 lb. lean ground beef
3T Zesty Italian Dressing
1 Egg
1/2 C Italian Breadcrumbs
1 t dried minced onion
Dash of salt, pepper and italian seasonings

Mix together and form desired size of meatball. Important-brown in skillet for 5-7 minutes before placing them in baking dish. This get most of the grease out.
Place in baking dish. Pour 1 large can of Cream of Mushroom Soup over the top. Bake for 35-40 minutes on 400 degrees.
Serve over boiled egg noodles, using the excess cream of mushroom as gravy.

4 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

That looks delicious, thanks for sharing! I can't wait to try it out on my husband!

Kelsey M. said...

That looks really yummy! Much better than the school lunch we had today. actually, the pizza was ok, it was milk with pizza. not so good.

Kelsey M. said...

Actually, that last comment was me Sharon, I guess I am on Kelsey's log in oops!

Rach said...

I can't wait to try this...I promise to let you know how it goes!!