Friday, August 22, 2008

Funny Hill Kid Quote #2

I decided after the "dropping the kids off at the pool" post that I would start recording some of the insanely hilarious things our children say. Regrettably, there have been so many that I have missed the opportunity to write down maybe I will think of some of them now and then and include those. Here is one from early this morning: After my third night of insomnia and an interesting twist of events, I ended up in Isaac's bed and he somehow ended up sleeping with Justin. I awoke this morning to Ethan saying, "Mom, daddy says it's time for you to wake up." I opened my eyes to this sweet boy. I love him always but especially first thing in the morning. You see, he just has this sweetness about him at that time of day that many days we do not see the rest of the day. So I felt like asking him for a kiss. He rarely ever wants to give me a kiss and it is ALWAYS on his terms. In addition, he does not believe in kissing on the lips (a practice I hope he keeps for many years.) Every once and awhile I will know that I have done something really great because he will land a big one right on the kisser! This morning, I got my occasional kiss to the forehead. Immediately following this kiss he wiped his mouth and said, "Ewww, now I have to wipe the girl off of me mom." I feel special.

0 comments: