Monday, August 18, 2008

Pistachio Cookies

So many of you have asked for this recipe that I had to post it. I'm sorry there's no photo to go with it. The truth is, every time we have had these at our home they have been made by our wonderful nanny and her family. But I did finally get my hands on the recipe. They are sooooo YUMMY!

1 Cup Butter
1/3 C Powdered Sugar
1 Egg
1 t vanilla
2 C Finely Chopped Pecans
3/4 t Almond Extract
2 C Flour
1 Pkg. Instant Pistachio Pudding
1/2 C Mini Choc Chips

Cream butter, sugar and eggs, add extracts-mix well. Combine flour, pudding and add to mixture, stir in chocolate chips. Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in chopped pecans and place on greased cookie sheet. Put a thumb print hole in the middle of each cookie before cooking. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 min.

Prepare filling:
2 T Butter
White Choc. Chips
4 oz. cream cheese
2 C Powdered Sugar
1 T Vanilla

Place filling in large ziplock. Snip one corner and pipe filling out onto each cookie in thumbprint hole.

Chocolate topping: Melt 1/2 C Semi-sweet chocolate with 2 t shortening. Drizzle lightly over each cookie

2 comments:

Elizabeth Kulbeth said...

These sound fabulous (which is great considering that nothing-healthy or dessertish-has sounded good to eat for the last several weeks)-I'm going to try them tomorrow!

Mindy Hill said...

Glad you like, tell me how they turn out. I got your card last week and it made my day...Do you still have a blog, if so, please send me the address! HUGS to you! M