Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hill Kid Quote #3

Well, this one is more like a conversation. Many of you know, but we believe our Isaac to be very spiritually in tune. He has often said things that astound both Justin and I even as a little baby. I was putting the boys to bed the other night after reading scriptures and saying our prayers. After prayer Isaac said to me, "Mom I hope it is okay that I just said my own prayer in my head." I reassured him that was a good thing. Then he continued, "I asked Heavenly Father when he is coming back to Earth and he said to me, Isaac you are a very special boy, I am always on the Earth with you." Pretty insightful when you are 5. I then kissed them goodnight and went to Abby's room to relieve Justin of her very lengthy bed time routine as he had put her to bed several nights before that. Isaac then comes to Abby's room and stands in the doorway and says, "Guys, what does it feel like when Heavenly Father is with you?" I asked him what he thought it felt like. He said, "Well, I think it is when your heart feels are warm and comfy inside like mine feels now." May we all remember that warm and comfy feeling we can receive when we are living close to our Savior.

5 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

Mindy,
What a special little guy he is. Most parents only hope to teach their children these things by the time they are grown. Give all a big hug from us!

Rebecca said...

Sweet boy!

Chad and Bekah said...

He's such a cute kid. I miss you! Oh, and I updated my blog. =)

Becky said...

Mindy- yeah! I am so glad I found you in the blog world. Today was fun with the kids in the water. I loved reading your blog, looks like you had an eventful summer! My blog address is mb4phillips.blogspot.com and Terri is the second one on my link list. What a small world.
Thanks for sharing all those yummy recipes. We're having dinner together soon! looks like you're a great cook!

Rebecca said...

Thank you for sharing that. I just love Isaac! What a very special little guy.