Friday, March 6, 2009

He's Home

Don't have much time to write, but wanted to let everyone know that after an awfully difficult day Isaac was able to come home this evening. He had a pic line put in about 11:30 today. It was one of the most horrible things that Justin and I will ever have to endure I am sure. Isaac was pretty much in a happily medicated state. It is amazing to me that they can thread something so tiny through your vein in your forearm all the way to your heart! The home health nurse will be here at 8:00 tonight to teach us how to do the IV medications for the next 3-4 weeks. I can't stop thinking about how close we came to losing this sweet boy. For now we are so thankful to be home and incredibly grateful he's okay. I'll post some of the courageous pictures we got later this weekend. This is one tough kid.....

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can't even imagine how scary this must have been! I'm glad he's home. Hugs and prayers sent your way for a continued recovery!

Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness Mindy! I just found out! I am so glad to hear that Isaac is home and please know we will be praying for him and for you too. I cannot imagine how tough today was.

I love you!

Jaime said...

I'm glad you got to bring him home. My husband had to have a pic line after suffering a horrible staph infection that eventually led to his losing a toe and being in the hospital for 3 weeks. Long story...Anyway, it's no fun, but at least you've got him home now, so that's very promising. We'll keep you guys in our prayers.

Jason and Amy said...

Min,I've been wanting to call you guys, but thought I'd wait till the craziness calmed down a bit. Just know that Jas and I and even the kids are praying for dear Isaac. We will call soon, but know that we love you guys. It's amazing the things us parents have to watch our children go through that just rips our hearts out. He's lucky to have you and Jus and his sweet bro and sis.

Ratfink said...

I truely admire you guys and your great family. Please let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do to help!