Thursday, March 5, 2009

Update

Just wanted to give everyone an update on Isaac's status. He had his CT can this morning. He was taken in to the OR at about 12:30 to have tubes put in his right ear to help heal and drain the infection. The bad news is that the infection is far worse than what they originally thought. It may even be MRSA (a rare kind of staff). They are culturing the infection in the lab and will know more about what it is specifically and how to treat it then. They have brought in Dr. Osguthorpe, a skilled infectious dr. but he is out of town until tomorrow. Once he sees Isaac and the test results, he will be able to determine the next step. It is possible he will be able to come home after a few more days with either a pic line or oral antibiotics. He has been such a trooper...When I have more time, I will post some pictures of our brave boy and write about some of his sweet & funny comments while being contained. Thank you for all the cards, visits, trinkets to keep him busy and meals that all of you have contributed! Keep on praying he'll be better sooNn!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh Mindy! I am so glad that I am reading this and finding out about Isaac. What can I do for your family?

Brooke said...

Let me just be a pain. I was going to ask you to e-mail your numbers, but I am going to go and find them on my own. So this makes sense, my cell phone is broken and for the time being I do not have access to my contacts on my cell.