Thursday, March 12, 2009

Isaac Update

Isaac has been home for nearly a week now. He has been getting regular nursing visits from his home health nurse. Justin and I have been giving the injections regularly and that is going well. Isaac refused his dressing change yesterday and insisted that I do it. Well, it is a sterile procedure so I did the best I could but it made me very nervous. I feel kind of like a nurse myself. It makes us happy to be able to take care of him. He hasn't had a temperature in several days, his energy and spirits are increasing and he's just overall doing better. His labs are still a little wacky (mainly is high platelet count) so we are still having routine blood draws done to monitor what's going on. He has just a few more weeks (hopefully) of injections through the pic. Things are starting to settle down at our house. We can't say enough thanks to all of you who have prepared meals, watched our other children, sent treats & lots of prayers our way. We love all of you!
Sam, Isaac's home health nurse changes his dressing


For those of you who are wondering, this is what the pic line looks like under all the bandages. It is held in by a stitch on each side. It enters at his forearm, is threaded through a major vein and goes all the way to his chest just by his heart.


The antiseptic stings a little bit....but still, what a trooper!


0 comments: