Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ten Years Ago Today.....




I stepped on an airplane and took a trip that would change my life forever. I was chasing the man of my dreams...and I found him! It had been nearly 5 years since I had seen or spoken to Justin. We had a lot of catching up to do. There was a certain charm to the entire trip. I think it was one that many people spend their lives not knowing about. Four months later we were engaged during a meteor shower under the Golden Gate Bridge and married in Maui three months after that. Talk about ROMANCE!!! Who would ever believe that 10 years later we would be married, with three beautiful children and still crazy in love? I am so grateful for that one little decision to come to Utah and visit him. My friend has this quote posted on her blog:
"Sometimes when I consider the tremendous consequences that come from little things.... I am tempted to think there are no little things."
-Bruce Barton
Every time I think of this quote, I remember this day and thankful for the BIG things that have come in my life from this LITTLE decision.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look so cute together.

Jason and Amy said...

Can't agree more that you two found each other again and will never to be apart again. I love having you as my sister!!!

Paula Porter said...

Mindy......you give me goose bumps with your eloquent words! You all have such a beautiful family!!! I wish we were even closer! You all need to plan a trip up north and we will have to come down south to see you all! :D

Mindy Hill said...

Paula: You are so sweet, thank you for all your thoughtful comments. Blogging has become a very fun and meaningful way for me to express myself. I hope to get up that way someday, it looks so beautiful! If you are ever coming down this way, we have plenty of room for you....we are so close to the ski slopes and Sundance (so much fun stuff to do around here). Love to you!