Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Gentlewoman, Penguins and More....


*Isaac says to me this morning on his way to school, "Mom, thanks for getting the door for me today and being a gentlewoman. Oh yeah, don't forget you're 33 today. Don't worry mom that's not very old, dad is old."

Thanks for remembering....I just love him and all the cute things he says....here are some more as of late:

*Isaac: "If I could take an animal home from the zoo mom, it would be a penguin. Penguins are cool."
I reply, "Where would you keep this penguin exactly?"
"Well, in the downstairs bathroom in the tub of course. But it would smell like dead fish so maybe that's not such a great idea."
Glad he came to that conclusion on his own.

*Last Sunday we were making Mother's Day Cards to send to all the grandparents. Ethan and Issac were having a very heartfelt discussion about how they were going to go about sending Grandma Beecher a card in heaven (she passed away last October). It made me so happy they even thought of her. Then Ethan turns to me and says: "Mom, dad, are we going to know each other in Heaven?" I'm sure working on that....

*We were leaving the doctor's office yesterday and Ethan turns to Isaac and says, "Mom loves me most of all." My jawed dropped. I must be doing something right if my biggest stinker of a kid thinks he is my favorite. I swear I spend more time scolding him than anything! Then I reminded both my boys that mothers love all their children equally.

1 comments:

Ratfink said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINDY!!!!!